Rotary was founded in 1905 and District 9 (which later became District 6270) was formed ten years later in 1915. Rotary District 6270 covers the southeastern region of Wisconsin and is composed of 2,925 members from 54 clubs (as of 7/1/2015.)
Click Here to see a short video about Rotary
William Zimmers from Milwaukee was the first District Governor and in 1957, the district was restructured under the tenure of District Governor George Markham Jr. to become Rotary District 627 and this included many of the cities and towns that remain in the district today. Then in 1991, under the tenure of District Governor Frederick Luedke, it was renumbered to District 6270.
Women were admitted for Rotary membership in the United States in 1987 and in 1998, we were honored to have Angela Rester Samse as the district’s first female District Governor.
As Rotarians, we volunteer our time and talent to further the Rotary motto of "Service Above Self" in order to make a positive impact on our communities and the world.
The oldest club in the present district is the Rotary Club of Milwaukee.